What you will do
Here are the steps you will go through:
- Spawn a cloud instance which will host our demo website.
- Do some basic hardening of our server and set up Nginx.
- Install a brand new Let’s encrypt certificate and set up its automatic renewal
- Harden the Nginx configuration
- Harden the Security Headers
- Get that shiny A+ security rating you are looking for
This tutorial will use Exoscale as cloud provider since they offer integrated firewall and DNS management. On top of that Exoscale has a strong focus on data safety / privacy and security. Of course you can follow along using any other cloud or traditional hosting service.