µWS is one of the most lightweight, efficient & scalable WebSocket server implementations available. It features an easy-to-use, fully async object-oriented interface and scales to millions of connections using only a fraction of memory compared to the competition. License is zlib/libpng (very permissive & suits commercial applications).
- Linux, OS X & Windows support.
- Built-in load balancing and multi-core scalability.
- SSL/TLS support & integrates with foreign HTTPS servers.
- Permessage-deflate built-in.
- Node.js binding exposed as the well-known
- Optional engine in projects like Socket.IO, Primus & SocketCluster.