Flutter is an open-source mobile app development SDK by Google and we’ve recently started experimenting with it.
Now why did it interest us?
- Consistency of UI elements.
- Lot of predefined widgets which serve as building blocks for making complex pages easily.
- Flutter does not use the OEM widgets or DOM WebViews, but provides its own widgets that look and feel good, are fast, and are customizable and extensible.
- Flutter ignores the traditional model of layout. In Flutter, each widget specifies its own simple layout model. Since each widget has a much smaller set of layout rules to consider, layout can be heavily optimised. What’s more, almost everything in Flutter is considered as a widget.
- Less chances of ending up writing a buggy code as we have a lesser need of implementing external libraries.
So, while we’re working on our first open source Flutter theme, we’ve taken the initiative of Start Flutter, a library of free and open source Flutter templates.
For now, we’ve curated and added three open source themes, i.e….