Today we’re excited to launch Cloud Firestore, a fully-managed NoSQL document database for mobile and web app development. It’s designed to easily store and sync app data at global scale, and it’s now available in beta.
Key features of Cloud Firestore include:
- Documents and collections with powerful querying
- iOS, Android, and Web SDKs with offline data access
- Real-time data synchronization
- Automatic, multi-region data replication with strong consistency
- Node, Python, Go, and Java server SDKs
And of course, we’ve aimed for the simplicity and ease-of-use that is always top priority for Firebase, while still making sure that Cloud Firestore can scale to power even the largest apps.