Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts, applications that run exactly as programmed without possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference. In this blog post I will take you through all the steps required in setting up a fully functioning private ethereum blockchain, inside your local network — which includes:
- Setting up a private blockchain with ethereum using geth.
- Setting up the MetaMask ethereum wallet to work with the private blockchain.
- Transfer funds between multiple accounts.
- Create, deploy and invoke a smart contract on the private blockchain using remix.
- Setting up ethereum block explorer over the private blockchain.