Urn is a new language developed by SquidDev, and demhydraz. Urn is a Lisp dialect with a focus on minimalism which compiles to Lua.
- A minimal¹ Lisp implementation, with full support for compile time code execution and macros.
- Support for Lua 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3. Should also work with LuaJIT.
- Lisp-1 scoping rules (functions and data share the same namespace).
- Influenced by a whole range of Lisp implementations, including Common Lisp and Clojure.
- Produces standalone, optimised Lua files: no dependencies on a standard library.
¹: Minimalism is an implementation detail.