This repository provides the
dqlite Go package, which can be used to replicate a SQLite database across a cluster, using the Raft algorithm.
- No external processes needed: dqlite is just a Go library, you link it it to your application exactly like you would with SQLite.
- Replication needs a SQLite patch which is not yet included upstream.
- The Go Raft package from Hashicorp is used internally for replicating the write-ahead log frames of SQLite across all nodes.
The main differences from rqlite are:
- Full support for transactions
- No need for statements to be deterministic (e.g. you can use
- Frame-based replication instead of statement-based replication, this means in dqlite there’s more data flowing between nodes, so expect lower performance. Should not really matter for most use cases.