News and announcements
- Flutter now supports the web. Open source, repo on GitHub.
- Flutter 1.5 ships to the stable channel (release notes). Includes preliminary support for targeting Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. New plug-ins for in-app payment, state management. New samples for ML Kit-based image classification.
- Support for developing on Chrome OS and publishing apps to Chrome OS.
- Dart 2.3 released with new support for UI-as-code features including the spread operator, collection if and collection for; website and package siteoverhauled.
- New reference customers for Flutter announced: eBay, Sonos, and New York Times. The Assistant team is using Flutter for their smart display platform with Flutter, powering the UI of devices such as Google Nest Hub.
- Updates for the Visual Studio Code and Android Studio tooling extensions.
- Flutter training course published by App Brewery, in collaboration with Google. Thirty hours of videos and labs, at a subsidized price of just $10.
- Flutter Create award winners announced, along with demo reel.
- International community-organized Flutter hackathon on June 1st.